Rush Creek Lodge offers visitors a convenient new lodging option to fully experience all that Yosemite National Park has to offer. Located just 1 mile from the park’s Highway 120 West Entrance, this brand new lodge provides year-round access to the park from its doorstep in the scenic high country surroundings.
Why Rush Creek Lodge is the Perfect Yosemite Base
Rush Creek Lodge is in a prime location along Highway 120, providing easy access to many parts of Yosemite without the traffic and crowds of Yosemite Valley. Some key questions visitors have include:
- Is Rush Creek Lodge really inside Yosemite National Park? While the lodge itself is located just outside the park boundary in the Stanislaus National Forest, it is only a 1 minute drive to the Highway 120 West Entrance. This gives guests convenient year-round access to Yosemite.
- What areas of Yosemite are close to Rush Creek Lodge? Locations like Glacier Point, the Tuolumne Meadows area, Hetch Hetchy are all within a 1 hour drive. The iconic valleys along Wawona Road like the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias are also easy to reach in around 90 minutes.
- How does it compare to lodging in Yosemite Valley? By staying at Rush Creek Lodge, guests can avoid the traffic and crowds that often plague accommodations inside the main valley. They also have quick access to less visited areas of the park like Tuolumne Meadows and Hetch Hetchy Valley.
- What other amenities are available? In addition to the main lodge and 50 hillside villas, Rush Creek Lodge features a salt water pool, two hot tubs, an Adventure Center for gear rentals, and guided tours of the national park.
- How close is it to other parts of the area? Nearby destinations like Groveland and Pine Mountain Lake are just a 15 minute drive. The historic Evergreen Lodge is 10 minutes away. Yosemite Valley is around a 45 minute trip, and the San Francisco area is roughly a 3 hour drive.
In summary, Rush Creek Lodge offers the perfect home base for exploring Yosemite National Park while enjoying higher standards of hospitality just outside the busy valley.
Lodge Rooms, Hillside Villas, and Updated 2023 Rates
Rush Creek Lodge features a variety of accommodations to suit different party sizes and budgets, including:
- Lodge Rooms: These feature two queen beds, private bath, mini fridge, and coffee maker. Perfect for couples or families. Rates start at $279 per night.
- 1 Bedroom Hillside Villa: One king bed and full kitchen make these ideal for families. Average size of 600 sq feet. Rates start at $429 per night.
- 2 Bedroom Hillside Villa: Extra space with 2 bedrooms and 1.5 baths accommodate larger groups. Around 900 sq feet. Rates start at $579 per night.
All guests at Rush Creek Lodge enjoy complimentary WiFi, parking, and access to the salt water pool, hot tubs, and Adventure Center. For 2023, rates are updated to reflect standard seasonal increases while maintaining exceptional value close to Yosemite National Park.
More Amenities and Activities at Rush Creek Lodge
In addition to the accommodations, Rush Creek Lodge offers an array of on-site amenities and activities perfect for any Yosemite adventure:
- Salt Water Pool and Hot Tubs: Enjoy a refreshing dip any time of year and relax in the bubbling hot tubs.
- Adventure Center: Rent bikes, kayaks, stand-up paddle boards and more for exploring Tuolumne River or meadows. Guided tours too.
- Hike and Bike Trails: Over 15 miles of trails for hiking and mountain biking right outside your door.
- Scenic Vistas: Lush meadows and pine forest provide breathtaking valley views of Yosemite and the high country.
- Sister Property Access: Guests can also enjoy the facilities and activities at nearby Evergreen Lodge sister property.
- On-Site Dining: The Main Lodge features a tastefully appointed restaurant serving breakfast and dinner daily.
Being blessed with a truly magical and convenient location, Rush Creek Lodge makes the perfect base for any visit to immerse yourself in the natural splendor and adventures of Yosemite National Park.
Top Things to Remember About Rush Creek Lodge
- It offers the first new lodge to be built near Yosemite National Park in over 25 years.
- A 1 minute drive leads to the Highway 120 West Entrance for quick access to Yosemite year-round.
- Accommodations include lodge rooms, 1-2 bedroom hillside villas, starting from $279 per night.
- On-site amenities like the salt water pool, hot tubs, and adventure gear rentals enhance the Yosemite experience.
- The scenic high country location provides views into Yosemite without the crowds or traffic of the main valley.
- Nearby Historic Evergreen Lodge is just 10 minutes away for extra activities and dining options too.
Here are some additional details about Rush Creek Lodge:
Location & Surroundings:
- The lodge is located in Groveland, CA, a historic Gold Rush town just outside Yosemite’s west entrance.
- It sits at 4,300 feet elevation near the Rush Creek meadow, providing breathtaking views of pine forests and woodlands.
- The property borders the Stanislaus National Forest, offering over 15 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails directly from the lodge.
- Lodge rooms have modern furnishings like plush bedding, mini fridges and coffeemakers for convenience.
- Villas include full kitchens with stainless appliances, vaulted ceilings and private porches/decks for taking in the scenery.
- The pool is an attractive saltwater design that’s open year-round. Hot tubs have scenic mountain views.
- The Adventure Center lends bikes, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards and more plus guides local excursions.
- Other perks include free WiFi, parking, daily breakfast and dinner at the on-site restaurant.
- Rush Creek Lodge can arrange horseback riding, fishing, snowshoeing and rock climbing depending on season.
- Popular nearby attractions include lake activities at Pinecrest Lake and exploring Groveland’s Gold Rush history.
- The Evergreen Lodge sister property 10 minutes away adds extra dining, spa and swimming options.
So in summary, Rush Creek Lodge provides an idyllic getaway with both easy access to Yosemite adventures and amenities for creating memorable experiences of its own.
Here are some additional details about Rush Creek Lodge:
- The lodge was built using sustainable practices where possible, like recycled/reclaimed building materials.
- Low-flow fixtures in rooms conserve water and linens are reused for eco-friendliness.
- Biodegradable cleaners are used and most food waste is composted on-site.
- The main lodge restaurant serves farm-to-table cuisine made with local ingredients when available.
- Breakfast includes hot items like eggs, pancakes and oatmeal plus charcuterie to grab and go.
- Dinners feature options like grilled salmon, steak or pasta paired with a daily salad bar.
Activities by Season:
- Summer allows hiking, biking, kayaking, rock climbing plus stargazing from the hot tubs at night.
- Fall brings colorful foliage hiking and chances to spot black bears fattening up for winter.
- Winter welcomes cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and relaxing inside by the fire with hot drinks.
- Spring wildflowers bloom on hikes and bass fishing season gets underway.
- Rush Creek occasionally hosts wildlife presentations, yoga, live music or local artisan fairs.
- Holiday weekends may include celebrations like Easter brunch or lighting of a Christmas tree.
- Weddings and retreats can book the property including catering from the on-site restaurant.
So in all, Rush Creek Lodge aims to be a year-round sustainable getaway centered around appreciating Yosemite’s spectacular natural beauty.